ASPIRE would be supported by a yearly grant borne by the DST. The grant that ASPIRE would receive, would be used primarily for:
- Carrying out primary and secondary policy research
- Conducting seminars, conferences etc. and carrying out case studies with the specific aim of feeding into policy advocacy and research
- Meeting the salaries of project-tied research-support and administrative staff
- Travel and local conveyance
- Meeting the costs of any specific tool, software etc. of exclusive use to ASPIRE
- Conducting stakeholder consultations and workshops with the specific aim of feeding into policy
- Availing the services of domain experts on need basis
- Purchasing computers, printers, office furniture, photo-copying machines, etc.
- Meeting the expenses of consumables like office stationery, printer cartridges, etc.
- Communication expenses
- Purchasing/subscribing to books, journals and other e-resources as needed for the purpose of carrying out good quality policy research
- Designing and maintaining a dedicated web site for ASPIRE
- Meeting contingencies and miscellaneous expenses