- Articulation and sharing of ideas, insights, inputs and information by the socio-economic ministries on:
- What their priorities and thrust areas are (current and near-term)
- How they would like the S&T to strengthen their work programmes
- What specific policy-research, advisory-support, technical-assistance, implementation-guidance and/or capacity-building services would they identify as felt-needs and unmet gaps.
- Extension of intellectual support by seconding officers and scientists to be part of multi-disciplinary research teams and study groups (to be) established under the Programme, on identified key themes
- Contribution thus, in giving shape to and driving the work of the Programme in terms of policy-research, activity-focus and task-orientation.